Social Inclusion services target a range of disadvantaged, at risk and vulnerable Queenslanders, including individuals and families impacted by domestic violence and/or homelessness, young people, seniors and women.
The position will have a broad remit which will include providing advice on the recommissioning of social inclusion services – a process to be conducted by the DOCCSDS in the coming months.
Key functions of the role will be:
· Distributing information on Queensland Government decisions, policies, services and programs to Councils, members and stakeholders,
· Building the capacity of Councils to contribute to the delivery of quality services that improve client outcomes, and
· Providing advice and research on topics identified by the department to inform policy, program and service design across social inclusion services
The LGAQ will undertake consultation with councils to ensure local government concerns and priorities are considered in the implementation of the following strategies to be released by the Queensland Government:
· Queensland Strategy for Older People
· Strategy for Queensland’s Young People
· Homelessness Strategy
· Carer Action Plan
· Women’s Strategy
This policy officer position is currently funded for a period of six-months, up until 30 June 2013. LGAQ will work with the Queensland Government to renegotiate and seek an extension to the contract beyond this time.
For any further information please contact Brett Johnson, Senior Advisor – Community Policy and Strategy Development – Assist, by email Brett_Johnson@lgaq.asn.au or telephone (07) 3000 2216.