QCOSS will also be holding a workshop an hour before these sessions to help charities better understand the move to establish a Community Services Industry Body.
We are providing this information to you as a Queensland peak body as it may be interesting to your members. The ACNC only regulates charities at this stage. Other not-for-profits may wish to come along to find out about how the ACNC may affect them in the future.
The details for the sessions are as follows:
- 13 May - Brisbane - Monday, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, Owen J Wordsworth Room, S Block, Lvl 12, QUT Gardens Point Campus
- 14 May - Sunshine Coast - Tuesday, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, Lake Kawana Community Centre, 114 Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina
- 15 May - Gold Coast - Wednesday, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, Nerang Bicentennial Community Centre, 833 Southport-Nerang Road, Nerang
- 16 May - Townsville - Thursday, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, Seagulls Resort, 74 The Esplanade, Belgian Gardens
- 17 May - Brisbane - Friday, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, Owen J Wordsworth Room, S Block, Lvl 12, QUT Gardens Point Campus.
This is our first phase of information sessions and the locations have been chosen in consultation with our sector partners.
Charities can register for these sessions at http://www.qcoss.org.au/acnc-what-does-it-mean-my-charity-registration-form
Information about upcoming sessions in Queensland and throughout Australia is available on our website (http://www.acnc.gov.au/ACNC/Contact_us/Speaker_events/Ed_sessions/ACNC/Edu/InfoEd_sessions.aspx).