In this submission to the QLD Parliament's Legal, Administrative and Constitutional Review Committee, YANQ argues that young people's participation in democracy will be increased when:
- poverty and inequality in society is reduced;
- young people are given more opportunities in their day-to-day lives to practice democracy (e.g. in schools)
- young people from CALD backgrounds are provided with information about democracy in more accessible ways;
- young people of 16 or 17 years of age are given the option of voting;
- the influence that flows from corporate and large private donations are limited; and
- our parliaments move to a system proportional representation.
Download now: Submission - Voices and Votes 340.60 Kb