Amount: $500 - $5,000
Closing: Ongoing The Foundation provides grants to assist Aboriginal communities and individuals by providing funds to support projects which advance the aims of the Foundation, with the current focus on supporting art, health and cultural projects with a connection to Aboriginal art and/or artists.
In view of the limited resources available to the Foundation, priority for funding is being given to the following categories:
1. Seeding grants:
- to research the relevance and value of new projects with a connection to Aboriginal art and/or artists that may be ineligible for support from existing agencies
- to facilitate schemes or projects with a connection to Aboriginal art and/or artists which are of benefit to Aboriginal health, welfare or education which have potential for wider application.
2. One-off grants in support of:
- health and well being of artists and their families
- education through art projects which will benefit health and well being
- individuals and communities, with a connection to Aboriginal art and/or artists, to meet special needs
For more info: http://www.aboriginal.org.au/grants.htm